How to Apply
The application deadline is December 1.
All applicants must meet the University of California minimum GPA requirement for admission. While most students entering the Integrative Genetics and Genomics program have an undergraduate or master’s degree in a traditional biology major (such as genetics, biology or biochemistry), students from other fields such as computer science or statistics are also accepted into the program.
Demonstrated scholarly achievement and evidence of a strong aptitude for scientific research are important criteria in the decision to accept an applicant. For these reasons, the IGG does not have formal course requisites for entry into the group. However, previous coursework in chemistry, genetics, molecular biology, statistics, and biochemistry will expedite students’ completion of their degrees.
Please apply for admission online (see information below). The application deadline is December 1. Admission is for the Fall quarter only.
Fall application information:
Please use the following link to access the online application: http://www.gradstudies.ucdavis.edu/prospective/applicationlanding.html. The appropriate fee must be paid before the application will be considered complete, and a fee must be paid for each application submitted.
- Letters of recommendation must be submitted electronically through the online application. Please do not submit recommendation letters until the online service is available.
- Please submit only one transcript for each university or college you have attended. UC Davis requires academic records from each college-level institution you have attended. You will be instructed to upload scanned copies of your transcripts after you have submitted your online application. For more details visit https://gradstudies.ucdavis.edu/submit-transcripts. That transcript will be made available to faculty in each graduate program to which you have applied, as well as for the review of the fellowship application.
- Please use these codes for reporting electronic scores from the Graduate Record Examination General Test. Institution Code: 4834 and Department code: 0210.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for international students. Institution code: 4834 and Department code: 06.
The GRE General Exam is required for all IGG applicants. A GRE subject test (in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, or statistics) is not required but is highly recommended for students who plan to apply for fellowships, training grants, or internal funding. TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for international students. For information about the GRE and TOEFL preparatory requirements contact: Educational Testing Service http://www.ets.org/, Princeton, New Jersey, 08540-6000.
The following application materials are required and should be submitted by December 1:
- Application (online)
- GRE scores
- Official TOEFL score (for international applicants)
- Official university/college/community college transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation (online)
- Fellowship application (included in online application)
Send materials not submitted online to the address below:
College of Biological Sciences Dean's Office
Integrative Genetics and Genomics Graduate Group
227 Life Sciences
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Contact the program coordinator
It is recommended you contact the program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to check that all your materials have been received. Applications will not be reviewed until your file is complete.