NEW! The College of Biological Sciences has made funding available to assist Domestic PhD applicants with their application fees. Please click here for more details!
All applicants must meet the University of California minimum GPA requirement for admission. While most students entering the Integrative Genetics and Genomics program have an undergraduate or master’s degree in a traditional biology major (such as genetics, biology or biochemistry), students from other fields such as computer science or statistics are also accepted into the program.
Demonstrated scholarly achievement and evidence of a strong aptitude for scientific research are important criteria in the decision to accept an applicant. For these reasons, the IGG does not have formal course requisites for entry into the group. However, previous coursework in chemistry, genetics, molecular biology, statistics, and biochemistry will expedite students’ completion of their degrees.
Please apply for admission online (see information below). Admission is for the Fall quarter only.
Fall application information:
Please use the following link to access the online application: https://apply.grad.ucdavis.edu/apply/. The appropriate fee must be paid before the application will be considered complete, and a fee must be paid for each application submitted.
- Letters of recommendation must be submitted electronically through the online application. Please do not submit recommendation letters until the online service is available.
- Please submit only one transcript for each university or college you have attended. UC Davis requires academic records from each college-level institution you have attended. You will be instructed to upload scanned copies of your transcripts after you have submitted your online application. For more details visit https://gradstudies.ucdavis.edu/submit-transcripts. That transcript will be made available to faculty in each graduate program to which you have applied, as well as for the review of the fellowship application.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for international students. Institution code: 4834
The following application materials are required and should be submitted by December 1:
- Application (online)
- Additional Section: Please describe your strengths and weaknesses, and outline the key factor(s) that contributes to your academic success thus far.
- Official TOEFL score (for international applicants)
- Unofficial university/college/community college transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation (online)
- Fellowship application (included in online application)
- Areas of Research or Professional Interest Topics
- Animal Genomics
- Chromosome Biology
- Computational Biology
- Developmental Genetics
- Ecological and Wildlife Genetics
- Human Genetics and Genomics
- Model Organism Genetics
- Model Plants
- Plant Breeding
- Quantitative and Population Genetics
- Synthetic Biology
Visit the Graduate Studies website to begin the application process
Information and tips for prospective IGG students
The graduate group cannot review an application until all of the above components are received. Inquiries concerning application procedures or any other aspects of the program should be directed to the Graduate Program Coordinator.